The main purpose of the dryer vent is to dry your clothes within the set time period. When the dryer operates, lint is produced in this process and all of it is not trapped by the lint trap. If the lint is above the safety mark then it is very essential for you to get you dryer cleaned. If your dryer exhaust is not properly maintained, cleaned or secured then this can cause dryer fires. The metal dryer discharge should be connected to the exterior of the house with the help of pipe. The discharge pipe of the dryer would never is clogged as this is also a major reason due to which fires are caused.
So, now let us discuss some dryer vent fire safety tips that would surely be very helpful for you.
1. How to know that the dryer vent cleaning?
There are various signs through which you can recognize that your dryer needs to be cleaned. Some of the main points are mentioned below.
• If clothes are taking too much time to dry or if they are very hot when they come out of the vent then it is sure sign that you must get your vent cleaned.
• Sometimes the clothes smell musty after drying this is also a sign that you must clean the vent.
• Sometimes the duct of the vent gets very hot due to which the machine stops during the dryer cycle. You must immediately get your vent cleaned if this is happening to your machine.
• If too much lint is being discharged from the end of the dryer then you must take preventive steps immediately.
2. Advantages of getting the dryer vent cleaned
There are various advantages of getting the dryer cleaned on a regular basis. Some of the most important ones are mentioned below.
• Cleaning and proper maintenance would surely help in reducing the time your laundry takes to dry.
• Proper cleaning would also ensure that you do not have to change and get the dryer parts repaired.
• The quality of dried clothes would also be greatly improved with the help of the dryer.
• You would also save money on electricity bills and it would help in preventing fires.
Well these are the various advantages of getting the dryer vent cleaned on a regular basis.